Tonight’s taco is Beer Battered Fish Tacos with Avocado and Sriracha Lime Creama
The review from the internet:
What better way to welcome the coming of summer, than a light and refreshing dish of fish tacos with avocados and Sriracha lime cream? Bright, effervescent, and resonant with flavor, it looks just like summer, and tastes like it too. A bright, summery medley of color and texture, these beer-battered fish tacos have it all – crunch, creaminess, acidity, flavor. So so good.
Who doesn’t love beer battered fish? And putting it into a taco just makes it so much better. Overall once you have everything prepped it’s super easy to pull together. I used tilapia in this one. The beer batter is simple to whip up and has a good kick to it. It gives is a lot of flavor without being too much.
Once you have everything ready it just dip fry repeat.
Dip, fry repeat. We set our fried fish to “dry” on a paper towel covered plate.
Overal super yummy. The creama has a little kick to it but not too much. The meal comes together quickly.
This one gets 4/5 pineapples. We’d make it again!
- 1 kilo white fish fillets, cut into big strips
- Small tortillas
FOR BEER BATTER
- 1 cup flour
- 2 Tbsps cornstarch
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 Tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup beer
FOR SRIRACHA LIME CREAM (makes about 3/4 cup)
- 6 Tbsps sour cream
- 6 Tbsps mayonnaise
- 2 1/2 Tbsps fresh lime juice
- 1 garlic clove, crushed through a press
- A pinch of salt
- 1 Tbsp Sriracha, or to taste
- Chopped cilantro
- Thinly sliced red onion
- Sliced avocados
- Shredded cabbage
- Extra lime wedges
- To make beer batter: In large bowl, combine flour, cornstarch, baking powder, and all spices. Blend egg and beer, then quickly stir into flour mixture (don’t worry about a few lumps).
- To make sriracha lime cream: In small bowl, whisk together sour cream, mayonnaise, Sriracha, lime juice, garlic, and salt. Adjust seasoning to taste.
- Heat oil in deep-fryer to 375° F. Dust fish pieces lightly with flour. Dip into beer batter and fry until crisp and golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
- To serve, place fried fish in tortilla, then top with garnishes and Sriracha lime cream.
Pulled from: http://www.willflyforfood.net/2011/05/18/fish-tacos-with-orange-avocado-salsa-lime-cream-and-citrus-slaw%e2%80%8f/